The days when job seekers used to walk around with physical copies of their resume, going to the company receptions, hoping to get a job seem so ancient. With the technological developments, online recruitment portals for companies enable recruiters to post vacancies, and candidates using the internet can access this information, choose the right job vacancy they want to apply for that meet their qualifications and suitability.
An online recruitment portal effortlessly makes job vacancies accessible to a vast pool of talent instead of being directed to only a few shortlisted candidates. Anyone with internet access can easily apply for a job posted on digital platforms, irrespective of their location. As recruiters are preferring the digitalization of things around them, online recruitment portals have become the choice for recruiters for carrying out the hiring process. As a result, many companies are now investing in their online recruitment processes and strategies. This article will outline the benefits of online recruitment portals. So if you are thinking to consider online recruitment, you should be aware of the following:
Major Benefits of Online Recruitment Portal:
- Cost-Effective: If the employer manages the campaign effectively, the organization can save up on the budget while attracting applicants who are a perfect fit for the vacancy and the organization.
- Time-Saving: The interaction between a job seeker and an employer on an online recruitment portal happens in real-time. This enables the employer to invest more efforts to attract candidates, different sets of candidates, or even halt the application process if the vacancy has been filled.
- Increases Reach: The internet is a global phenomenon, with 624 million active internet users in India. This means that the recruiting sites for employers reach a wider pool of potential candidates who can be interested in your job vacancy, giving you a better chance to reach out to the right candidate for the right job.
- Simple and Easy: Almost anyone can post a job advertisement online as the online recruitment portals make the process clear, easy to understand, and user-friendly. On the other hand, the process is very simple for the candidates too. Online recruitment portal enables candidates to apply for a job on the spot and recruiters to hire candidates on the spot without delaying the process by sharing the CV separately.
- Dynamic Job Posting: Online recruitment portals offer employers the ability to be more creative with job postings. An online recruitment portal allows the employer to market the job vacancy using an image or a video post that can attract an even bigger pool of potential candidates.
- Flexible: Using an online job portal offers the employer flexibility about job postings and applications received. Online recruitment portals enable job postings to be edited, updated, or removed whenever required.
- Durable: Traditional job postings in the newspaper and other forms of print media have a very limited lifetime, dependent on their publishing cycle. On the other hand, an online recruitment portal allows the recruiter to decide when the job posting should be removed.
- Accessible: All that an online recruitment portal needs is an internet connection and a device that supports the internet. The employer can then choose to modify the job posting, communicate directly with the candidates, and analyze the responses
- Accelerates the hiring process: All the benefits mentioned above ultimately lead to the biggest benefit: a shortened hiring process.
- Confidential: Some employers prefer to keep their names or companies private. If a job role or organization is too sensitive or controversial to be advertised online, then the digital facilities can be used to limit the amount of information shared with the candidates. Online recruitment portals allow employers to even search and contact candidates directly without the need of posting a job advertisement or keep the identity of the organization hidden.
We hope it is clear to you that online recruitment portals are effective tools for transforming the landscape of the hiring process.