The hiring landscape has completely evolved. Gone are the days when you had to carry your CV physically to office reception looking for a job. This process has changed significantly; from referrals and newspapers to online job portals. With advancements in technology and our dependencies on the internet increasing day-by-day, the hiring process has moved to the digital platform and is here to stay. Not just from a candidate’s perspective, but also from a recruiter’s perspective, online job portals make the hiring process more effective.
What is a Job Portal Website?
A job portal website is a platform that facilitates people looking for a job to effortlessly connect with recruiters and that too on a global level. A job portal website is supposed to offer a large network of businesses and clients a common platform to fulfill their requirements. Job portal development helps in the analysis of job vacancies, job profiles and automatically provides accurate results, thus simplifying the hiring process. It also allows employers to interact with a wider network of candidates, post job vacancies that can be updated and removed whenever required, and automates the shortlisting process.
What are the benefits of Job Portal Development?
- Real-Time Job Alerts
- More opportunities for job seekers
- More options available for recruiters
- Automated screening and shortlisting
- Filtered Search
- Consolidated candidate profile
What are the necessary features for a Job Portal Website?
When you opt for a Job portal development, it is essential to keep in mind the features that are a must for your website. These features may include the following:
- Simplified Registration Process: Allow users to sign up on your online recruitment portal with the help of simple clicks on their social media links or email.
- Structured Searching Mechanism: Allow recruiters and candidates to search accurately for what they want. Filtered searches can increase the efficiency of your job portal website.
- Section to draft and update CV: Your online recruitment portal should allow users to utilize tools to create and update their resumes/CVs.
- Option to apply for jobs: Allow users to apply for jobs that they are eligible for by forwarding their CVs and getting in touch with the employer
- Notification Alerts: Notifications are important for both the candidates and the recruiters. The users should be notified when there is a perfect match and about the interview process on the job portal development.
- Industry-based Jobs: An online recruitment portal has candidates from all backgrounds and streams, applying for jobs. Thus the job portal development must take into consideration job postings from all sectors and industries. The advanced search feature should reinforce this by allowing the users to search categorically based on industries, location, compensation, and specific keywords.
What is the cost of Job Portal Development?
Several factors have to be considered to understand the cost of job portal development. From the UI/UX to its performance and user-friendliness, everything costs some amount of money. This might come across as an overwhelming task. The features, designs, performance, and job portal development will determine the cost. The following pointers have to be considered for the final costing of job portal development:
- Type of Application: There are three types of applications that you can consider for your online recruitment portal:
- Native Apps: This is the costlier option. The apps are OS-specific and the code has to be altered for every platform.
- Hybrid Apps: This is the cheaper option. The apps can run on multiple platforms, and the job portal development is portable.
- Web Apps: This helps in providing the desktop version of job portal development
- Design of the online recruitment portal: The design of your job portal can help make a strong first impression, establish and promote your brand image, builds trust, and also helps in increasing engagement. Depending on whether you choose a simple or a highly intuitive design, the cost of the job portal development will be determined.
- Tools and Tech: This is an important factor for determining the cost of your job portal development. Technology, tools, and plugins used to increase the functionality of the website will affect the overall costing.
- Maintenance: Job portal development is a continuous process and you have to allocate your budget for the ongoing maintenance of your portal. After your portal is live, it may encounter some errors, will have to be updated and a lot more in terms of general maintenance also has to be considered.
Conclusion: Job Portal development is essential especially under the current scenario where unemployment is rising. There is strong competition and increasing demand for business owners to launch their own job portals. Online recruitment portals are becoming more and more popular, and hence it is important to understand the costs related to it.